Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Simple mushroom fry with garlic and curry leaves

I love mushrooms!! My friend Bhavana thought of me when she made this delightfully simple and tasty recipe and shared it with me. ;) and I'm so so glad she did. It has very few ingredients, is very fast to make and the result is YUMMY! I tried it and fell in love with the flavors! My only regret? I should have made more! :D
We ate it with a simple curd rice. Serve as a dry side to go with dal rice and make a simple meal worth remembering!
Served with curd rice


What you need :
Simple ingredients!
Baby Bella mushrooms - quartered about 1 cup
Garlic - 3 to 4 cloves sliced
Curry leaves- about 15 of them thinly sliced
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Fennel seeds(saunf) 1/4 tsp
Oil 1/2 tsp

Haldi/turmeric powder: a pinch
Salt
Red chilly powder to taste
Fresh lime/lemon juice 1/2 tsp


Method:
Heat oil in a pan. Add the garlic, mustard and fennel seeds. Wait for mustard to splutter.
Then add the curry leaves and fry for 30 seconds.
Add mushrooms. Saute the mushroom for a minute.
Add the haldi, salt and red chilly powder. Mix well.
Cook for about 5 mins or more till mushrooms are done. The water released by mushrooms is absorbed by the spices and it gives a nice coating.
Take off heat and add the lime juice.

Ready to gobble up!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment